Apartment Lori A
Les Houches, Chamonix
- Size: 50m2
- Sleeps: 4
- Date Available: Winter Season 2015/16
- Floors: 1
2 bedroom ski in/ski out apartment in Les Houches, Chamonix
Apartment Lori A is one of two apartments within a 1749 farmhouse, aptly located at the mid-station of Les Houches’ Prarion lift, right on the slopes for actual ski-in-ski-out with painless car access by cleared road.is a self catering ski apartment located on the Les Houches ski slopes with magnificent views of the Fiz and Mont Blanc mountain ranges. The apartment could be rented with the adjoining 3 bedroom apartment sleeping up to 14 people.
- Apartment size 50sqm on ground level, with part of a floor being four steps up with respect of the rest of the flat.
- Sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms and lounge: 1 double bedroom (1.60m bed), 1 double bedroom (1.40 bed), 1 double sofa bed in lounge
- Fully equipped kitchen with conventional and microwave oven, silent dishwasher, extractor fan, large fridge and freezer, ceramic hob, halogen lighting, etc.
- Comprehensively renovated in 2014, elegantly decorated with original photographs, quality linen and materials (stone floor and wooden walls);
- Under-floor and automatic thermo regulating heating for comfy atmosphere;
- Access to shared seven-seat outdoor Jacuzzi in the main garden;
- Access to shared washer and dryer, Iron/ ironing board
in main building;
- Access to shared secure ski locker in historic mazot, directly on way into property from the slopes;
- Spacious lounge with large flat screen TV (with Italian satellite TV and French freeview channels) CD and DVD player, sofa plus 1 arm chairs dining table and 2 benches, 1 double French window and one large floor-to-ceiling window leading to terrace and garden;
- One bedroom with on-suite bathroom with Italian shower, wash basin, mirror and drawer storage; hairdryer provided
- One separate bathroom accessible from corridor with large Italian shower, wash basin, mirror and drawer storage;
- One separate washroom with WC, basin and mirror up the four steps;
- Large and comfortable garden area private to chalet all around apartment with garden furniture;
- Own private outdoor parking (2 spaces),
- Panoramic views of Fiz chain, Aiguillette des Houches, Mont Blanc Massif and Aiguille du Midi;
- WI-FI free wireless ADSL internet connection
- Five-minute drive to centre of Les Houches: boulangerie, supermarket, cinema, bars, and restaurants, ski hire shop, supermarkets, gas station, and other amenities;
- Ski bus stop right down the hill (at the bottom of the Prarion lift), Chamonix town center 10-minute drive;
- Other apartment available in the chalet, making larger groups possible;
- Daily cleaning service, linen service and daily breakfast and/or dinner can be arranged upon request.
- Price: 15K euros + utilities (water, electricity) for the season (Dec. 1 to April 30th)
Apartment Lori A is finished to a luxurious and comfortable alpine standard but with modern contemporary finishing – the wooden furniture is top of the range and with a large patio door and windows overlooking the superb Chamonix valley. The lounge has ample seating, with a large dining table for six and banquettes, a sofa that converts to 1 double bed, a very comfortable cow-skin tub armchair, as well as a slick cow-skin rug. There is a flat screen TV and free wifi. The kitchen is fully equipped with a full-size oven and microwave, four-ring halogen ceramic hob, extractor fan, silent dishwasher, large fridge-freezer and cupboard storage. Bedroom 1 has a king size double and with a ‘pont du lit’ storage unit and two fitted wooden closets; an on-suite bathroom with a spacious Italian shower, washbasin, mirror and drawers.
Bedroom 2 has a 1.4-meter-wide double bed equipped with under bed drawers for storage and a fitted wooden closet.
The separate bathroom in the corridor is fully equipped with an Italian shower, a full size basin and drawers.
There is a separate washroom with WC, basin and mirror, plus a computer corner with a desk, chair and self – both on a separate level, just four steps up, which nicely divides spaces in a practical fashion.
The hall also has a storage cupboard, clothes hooks.
The basement of the chalet is accessible from the main garden and includes a washer and dryer and plenty of room to hang clothes.
There is a large garden with a garden table and furniture for dining which is fabulous for BBQs, lazy days in the sun or après-ski apéros, even in February- the views being spectacular.
The setting of Chalet Lori A is just perfect for anyone – a peaceful chalet apartment for couples or for a family wanting to make the most of their active and peaceful ski holiday. There are other apartments in the same building making larger groups possible.
Chalet Lori is a 1749 farmhouse, aptly located at the mid-station of Les Houches’ Prarion lift, right on the slopes for actual ski-in-ski-out with painless car access by cleared road. It is composed of two apartments, which each have their separate entrances on different faces of the building, allowing for privacy and friendly cohabitation:
- Chalet Lori apartment A: two-bedroom for up to 6 people (entrance facing the Fiz chain)
- Chalet Lori apartment B: three bedrooms + mezzanine, on three floors, for up to 8 people (entrance facing the Mont Blanc range)
- The farmhouse is placed on an open, green 600 sqm garden, with a large outdoor hot tub on the wooden terrace, and its original mazot (the traditional Savoyard “safe” to protect grain and valuables from fires) now converted into a ski storage hut – both for common use.
- Chalet address: 838 route de Maison Neuve, 74310 Les Houches
- Ski-in/out location of the chalet, right on the slopes:
- in front of the Maison Neuve chair lift going to the top of the Prarion lift,
- a few meters away from the chair lift up from the Bellevue cable car
- at the crossroads of the Kandahar black run and blue run down to the Prarion cable-car.
Les Houches ESF ski school, tourist daycare centre and nursery slope are just down the blue ski slope (or five-minute drive, or 15-minute walk down).
Chalet Lori is a superb farmhouse located on the ski slopes of Maison Neuve, the only part of Les Houches that is sunny also in the winter, with magnificent views of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille du Midi.
The chalet is a partially renovated (the wooden beams of the barn above were left untouched), large 1749 farmhouse currently consisting 2 chalet apartments that overlook the entire Mont Blanc Massif. It benefits from being right on the slopes – right in front of a chairlift up to the top of Prarion and right on the ski run down to the eponymous cable-car – but is also set back in a more serene and peaceful environment and is surrounded by a large private garden area ideal for children to play in.
Though it offers car-free, ski-in and ski-out access to the slopes (you can literally ski into the chalet garden!), it is also easily accessible via regular car in the winter as the roads are cleared regularly (the chalet is right next to the Maison Neuve chairlift parking lot). The ski bus that services all areas of the Chamonix valley is right at the bottom of the hill and free with your carte d’hôtes.
The cozy chalet offers dramatic views of the Mont Blanc massif (Aiguille du Midi, Mont Blanc, Aiguille verte, Les Drus…) and Fiz chain, and the peace and quiet one needs to recharge in clean, mountain air, at 1230m of altitude.
The Les Houches ski area offers a good combination of challenging skiing and off-piste both for intermediates and experts, and easier slopes for kids and beginners. The resort also has cross-country, randonnée skiing (also known as “backcountry skiing” or “ski alpinism”) and snowshoeing tracks for any type of aficionado, as well as a number of high-quality mountain restaurants at altitude to stop for a warm meal or almost-après-ski drink.
Les Houches is situated towards the bottom of the valley, the closest resort coming from Geneva airport, and is the starting point to traditional Mont Blanc ascent. The Les Houches town centre has all amenities – ski hire, restaurants, supermarkets and boulangeries – all within a five-minute drive from the chalet.
The chalet offers spectacular views of the Mont Blanc Massif and Fiz mountain range. There is a Chamonix Ski bus-stop at the bottom of the hill which services the main ski areas in the Chamonix valley.
The chalet is situated right on the famous Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc ultra-marathon itinerary, up along the Tour du Mont Blanc trail, and at the crossroads of the Ski World Cup Kandahar and Prarion black and blue ski runs. But because it is also right in front of the Maison Neuve chairlift, the roads are cleared very quickly after each snowfall, making it easy for any standard car equipped with snow tires to reach the chalet even in the wintertime.
Features2 Bathrooms2 Double BedroomsCovered ParkingFireplaceFully-Equipped KitchenGardenOutdoor JacuzziSofabed in the LoungeViews of Mont Blanc RangeWashing Machine and DryerWi-Fi
Les Houches, Chamonix
Agent(s) for this listing
Office: +44 1273 251816
Mobile: +44 7838 613716