Apartment Lori B
Les Houches, Chamonix
- Sleeps: 8
- Date Available: Winter Season 2015/16
- Price based on: Entire Winter Season
- Floors: 2
- Standard: 1796
3 bedroom ski in/out apartment in Les Houches, Chamonix
Apartment Lori B is a luxury self-catering, duplex ski apartment with a shared jacuzzi located in Les Houches, meters away from the Maison Neuve chairlift.
- Apartment size 120sqm on level 1,2 and 3
- Sleeps up to 8 in 3 bedrooms and a mezzanine: 1 double bedroom with 1.90-meter double bed and on-suite bathroom/WC, double fitted closet and flat-screen TV, and 2 double (1.80m wide) or twin bedroom with 2 single beds (can be 1 double for couples) on the level 2 floor, 1 double (1.60m wide) bed on the mezzanine (level 3);
- Very spacious fully equipped kitchen with conventional oven, microwave, dishwasher, extractor fan, large fridge-freezer, ceramic hob, washing machine and all the equipment you may need to cook hearty or healthy meals (fondue kit, raclette kit, pierrade kit, pancake kit, mixer, blender, fruit juice extractor, etc…)
- Large and inviting lounge with sofa, armchair and cow-ski rug, dining table and 8 chairs, fireplace and bar between kitchen and dining room; plenty of kids’ toys, games, magazines and books for entertaining evenings around the fireplace;
- Family bathroom with oversized bathtub and two sinks, separate WC; one large bathroom in the bottom-floor double bedroom with its spacious Italian shower, own toilet, sink, huge mirror and bidet;
- Luxury seven-seat hot tub in front of the apartment, on the wooden terrace in the garden;
- Superb original balcony facing the Mont Blanc mountain range, 3 private external parking spaces, shared secure ski storage in antique wooden mazot in the garden;
- Breathtaking views of Mont Blanc Massif, Fiz mountain range and Chamonix valley;
- Shared washer, dryer and iron/ironing board, and clothes-drying line in the basement and hairdryer provided;
- WI-FI free wireless ADSL internet connection;
- Oversized TV flat screen with UK and Italian satellite channels plus French Herzian channels, CD/DVD player, Ipod/Iphone music loudspeaker in the living room;
- Separate street entrance with plenty of room to store boots and hang coats, plus access to the garden (with vegetable garden and oversized trampoline in the summer);
- Other apartment available in the chalet, making larger groups possible;
- Daily cleaning service, linen service and daily breakfast and/or dinner can be arranged upon request.
- Price: 35K + utilities (fuel, water, electricity) for the season (Dec 1 to April 30th)
The Lori apartment B is a large duplex apartment ideal for a group of 8 adults (plus a kids’ mattress and cot if needed). The location is fabulous, right on the Les Houches ski slopes. The traditional mountain feel of the Savoyard farmhouse makes for a warm and cozy welcome, while the location on the ski slopes at 1230m of altitude confers it the peace that so often lacks in buzzing ski resorts.
This large duplex apartment was renovated keeping its wood, and has been tastefully furnished to a high contemporary standard with warm fabrics and quality linen. The chalet comes with an open plan kitchen, living room and dining area with ample comfortable seating, a stone fireplace and three French windows, a huge balcony facing the mountains on the top floor with spectacular views of the Massif. There is also has a flat screen TV, DVD/CD player. The kitchen is enormous and fully equipped with a large fridge/freezer, built-in oven, microwave, 4-ringed hob, dishwasher, toaster, coffee machine and plenty of gear to cook and cupboard storage. There are 3 large bedrooms plus a mezzanine sleeping area. On the top floor: two twin/double bedroom with 2 single beds that can form 1 double, a double bed in the mezzanine above one of the rooms, and a large double bedroom with its own bathroom/WC on the ground floor. The huge family bathroom on the ground floor has an oversized bathtub plus two wash basins and a separate WC just next to it.
The apartment will accommodate up to 8 people. There are three car parking spaces outside. The apartment also comes with a free wireless ADSL internet connection. The wonderful aspects of this apartment are the real ski-in-ski-out location, Jacuzzi, coziness and tranquility, and its magnificent views!
Chalet Lori is a 1749 farmhouse, aptly located at the mid-station of Les Houches’ Prarion lift, right on the slopes for actual ski-in-ski-out with painless car access by cleared road. It is composed of two apartments, which each have their separate entrances on different faces of the building, allowing for privacy and friendly cohabitation:
- Chalet Lori apartment A: two-bedroom for up to 6 people (entrance facing the Fiz chain)
- The farmhouse is placed on an open, green 600 sqm garden, with a large outdoor hot tub on the wooden terrace, and its original mazot (the traditional Savoyard “safe” to protect grain and valuables from fires) now converted into a ski storage hut – both for common use.
- Ski-in/out location of the chalet, right on the slopes:
- In front of the Maison Neuve chair lift going to the top of the Prarion lift
- – a few meters away from the chair lift up from the Bellevue cable car
- at the crossroads of the Kandahar black run and blue run down to the Prarion cable-car.
Les Houches ESF ski school, tourist daycare centre and nursery slope are just down the blue ski slope (or five-minute drive, or 15-minute walk down).
Chalet Lori is a superb farmhouse located on the ski slopes of Maison Neuve, the only part of Les Houches that is sunny also in the winter, with magnificent views of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille du Midi.
The chalet is a partially renovated (the wooden beams of the barn above were left untouched), large 1749 farmhouse currently consisting 2 chalet apartments that overlook the entire Mont Blanc Massif. It benefits from being right on the slopes – right in front of a chairlift up to the top of Prarion and right on the ski run down to the eponymous cable-car – but is also set back in a more serene and peaceful environment and is surrounded by a large private garden area ideal for children to play in.
Though it offers car-free, ski-in and ski-out access to the slopes (you can literally ski into the chalet garden!), it is also easily accessible via regular car in the winter as the roads are cleared regularly (the chalet is right next to the Maison Neuve chairlift parking lot). The ski bus that services all areas of the Chamonix valley is right at the bottom of the hill and free with your carte d’hôtes.
The cozy chalet offers dramatic views of the Mont Blanc massif (Aiguille du Midi, Mont Blanc, Aiguille verte, Les Drus…) and Fiz chain, and the peace and quiet one needs to recharge in clean, mountain air, at 1230m of altitude.
The Les Houches ski area offers a good combination of challenging skiing and off-piste both for intermediates and experts, and easier slopes for kids and beginners. The resort also has cross-country, randonnée skiing (also known as “backcountry skiing” or “ski alpinism”) and snowshoeing tracks for any type of aficionado, as well as a number of high-quality mountain restaurants at altitude to stop for a warm meal or almost-après-ski drink.
Les Houches is situated towards the bottom of the valley, the closest resort coming from Geneva airport, and is the starting point to traditional Mont Blanc ascent. The Les Houches town centre has all amenities – ski hire, restaurants, supermarkets and boulangeries – all within a five-minute drive from the chalet.
The chalet offers spectacular views of the Mont Blanc Massif and Fiz mountain range. There is a Chamonix Ski bus-stop at the bottom of the hill which services the main ski areas in the Chamonix valley.
The chalet is situated right on the famous Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc ultra-marathon itinerary, up along the Tour du Mont Blanc trail, and at the crossroads of the Ski World Cup Kandahar and Prarion black and blue ski runs. But because it is also right in front of the Maison Neuve chairlift, the roads are cleared very quickly after each snowfall, making it easy for any standard car equipped with snow tires to reach the chalet even in the wintertime.
Features2 Bathrooms3 Double/Twin BedroomsFully-Equipped KitchenLarge Bathroom with BathtubLarge Flatscreen TVLoungeMezzanine Sleeping 2 KidsOutdoor JacuzziPrivate Garden Area.Seperate WCSki & Boot RoomSwings and TrampolineWashing Machine and DryerWi-Fi
Les Houches, Chamonix
Agent(s) for this listing
Office: +44 1273 251816
Mobile: +44 7838 613716